Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wat Tan Ho .. D Loh Mee way...

I seldom eat Wat Tan Ho in KL ..
n sometimes my friends say that I am very cocky.
Coz I always say that Wat Tan Ho in KL is not good ...
They fried the keow teow first then they make the gravy and pour on top of it..
Some even worst, they fried the kuew teow earlier and store in a big bowl.
... of course this is to reduce the lead time......
so the taste is not good...

so I rather order hokkien mee, fried kuow teow.. n others...

Last time there is a restaurant that sell a very delicious Wat Tan Ho in Ipoh ...
n you have to wait at least 1~1.5 hours for it..
Actually the cooking lead time is long and there are too many customers...
They cook the kueow teow together with the gravy.. not just pour the gravy on top of the kuew teow..
We call it the Loh Mee style....
so 1.5 hours is not surprising.... my wife is always complaint about the long waiting time..
She rather eat others stuff.... eventhough it so delicious ..
Welll ...... "A hungry woman is an angry woman"....
so the wise saying of "Do Not Feed the woman full until she reaches 80" is not true..
if you do not feed her .. you might not even can last for the night.. LOL.....

Ok back to the wat tan ho restaurant....
I am not sure what happened but they had change to a new concept...
It more towards to modern Kopitiam style....previously it is just an ordinary chinese restaurant shop...
More varieties serving chicken chop, sandwishes to fried mee.....
The sad thing is that it is Pork Free restaurant.. so there is always something missing in their wat tan ho....
Besides that my dad always complain that their plain water cost RM0.50.... that is rediculuous..
LOL...

d wat tan ho... it only comes in a std size (1 person) ...
last time u could order for 3, 4 or 5 persons....
So if you have 3 person, you need to order 3 bowls..
it is not cheap .. i think it is RM8++ for a bowl...

Others - dry fried kuew teow n fried bihun is also very good...

I miss the old style..........
Feel like going back to Ipoh this weekend for some good food.. lol

13 comments:

  1. Er, frankly speaking that wat tan ho doesn't look appealing... sorry.

    I prefer my wat tan ho with a lot of gravy but not covering the whole kueh teow like soup-type.

    So how tasty is Tastegood food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, the fried beehoon & the kuey teow actually look yummier & more tempting than the wat tan ho! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I can cook better looking wan tan ho than Tastegood lo! May be it doesn't look good, but taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup...I agree with Sean...especially the ckt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So interesting, this wat tan hor. But I agree with Sean..the dry fried kuay teow looks nicer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could only say one thing...
    I m such a lousy cameraman....lol
    But don't let d pic fool u ....it really taste good....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried there once, price is really steep! But I hv to agree that their Wat Tan Hor (should be known as Loh Tan Hor) taste quite good. Very good wok hei + pork lard. But I'm not sure about now, coz my fren just told me they are pork free now :p (wat a waste!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I been to that Ipoh place!!! Its crazyyyy.... I waited 1 hr for that WTH and I thought it was soo soo only. Maybe I was too angry...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat tan hor.. hmmm... yeah, near the Jalan Leong Sin Nam.. u have to wait for half hour to one hour... perhaps you can try the Sun Tuck Kee or Tuck Kee along the Loe Wong row? These are the two shops to go for the wat tan hor.. other than that.. daytime in old town 16 coffeeshop is not bad.. :)
    I am adding your blog to my blogroll now.. wanna keep in touch of what's to eat! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still prefer KL version wat dan hor... hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. that fried kuey teow is my other half's fav and he will drool if I saw him this post.

    ReplyDelete