Monday, February 27, 2012

Lazy n relaxing weekend......

It is finally here... Weekend.....No plans yet.... Just feel like want to have a relaxing weekend...
As usual I went for morning jog.....
Then went to aunty Annie @ PJ Uptown for ipoh menglembu wan tan mee...
D char siu wan tan is very nice....
But it is not original..
D Ipoh menglembu wan tan mee does not put dark soya sauce, no char siu, got beanstrout..
Sorry no pictures.. I forgot to bring my bb....
Then I clean up d house n file in all my bills, bank statement, credit card statement....
Spent an hour to complete it...
I think I need to file those documents 1x/mth.......

Then went to my fav chicken rice, O & S restaurant @ sea park pj.
Char siu + fried chicken = RM5.00
It is very good.....

Catch up some tvb series n afternoon nap...

Then I went to Midvally to collect my new curtains which I bought it @ Kamdar 2 weeks ago.
My current curtain was a bit thick n not so much of sunlight could pass through n it makes my house very dark....
So I got a transparent curtain.. So more sunlight could pass through so my house could b brighter...
Price is cheaper at Kamdar.. compare to SSF curtains....

A lot of farbic to choose

My new curtain .....Definetely brighter and does not need to on the lights...

After that we went to Fong Lye for my dinner... A Taiwanese restaurant....
I had a great experience @ Xian Din Wei
N kinda have a high expectation on Fong Lye....
A lot of customers as usual.....
But waiting time was kinda short n got my table for 2.... yeah .. coz we are starving...


As usual a lot of customers in the restaurant...
There r lots of foreigners working over there...
They were trained to greet in Chinese 欢迎光临 (welcome)....
Hmmm but I still prefer XDW .. Not so many foreigner workers...
Ordering was kinda hard....
My wife doesn't take spicy n i told them to separate the sauce n d food..
I had reminded them 3 times yet they still mix it....
Use a broken sauce plate...... Not so presentable huh...

Lots of set meals....
We ordered tomato fish set meal n it is good...
It will be very delicious if they use this on hainanese chicken chop...
Then herbal soup n taiwanese burger...
Soup is good n have lots of pigs intestines..
Taiwanese burger... Taste is unique... Spicy, sour, sweet, salty...
It has a small slice of pork belly, ham choy 咸菜, ground peanuts, sugar, parsley.....

Small pc of pork belly n big steam mantou...

Herbal Soup with pigs intestines.. i thought it has a strong black peper..
It just an ordinary chinese soup taste....


Taiwanese fried oyster...
We don't find it tasty but the sauce is unique..
It fried together with some cabbage.....

To me I feel tat FL is more towards to fast food restaurant...
Foods r unique......

18 comments:

  1. I like it dark in the house. Cooler and more romantic... Wink! Wink! LOL!!!

    Guess this is another one of those food outlets like Kim Gary - not too crazy about those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too prefer not-so-thick curtain. Natural lighting :) When you made your purchase in Kamdar, do they give free tailoring service? I think it's time to give my windows and glass door a revamp.

    FL Taiwanese restaurant more to fast food? Em, not really my type of taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope they did not give free tailoring service ..
      i think it about less than RM100...
      lead time abt 2 weeks...
      If you make more maybe you can bargain with them..
      I just make for my living room...

      Delete
  3. that's still quite a productive weekend! you managed to finish a lot of chores & errands. for me, a really lazy weekend means just watching dvds and eating, heheh :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...tried Fong Lye once, and never went back. Service was awful and the food was very average and expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done away with curtains and prefer wooden blinds. Just roll them up for the sunshine to get into my house. I have not tried Fong Lye before and after reading your review, wonder whether I will ever. Thats the problem with these fast food types of outlets bc coping with the big crowd at times dilutes the taste of the food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of FL but till now have yet to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fong lye serves good food sometimes, depending on which branch you visit. the one at the gardens is the best one so far :)

    Latest: Customizable Irish Sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer XDW too! Fong Lye is kinda overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nv tried XDW before, where is it at? But I like FL a lot le..

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soup doesn't look appetizing.. intestine + barley???? Errrr errrrr

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Fong Lye is nearby the Sushi Zanmai is it? I think I ever saw it and got plan to try but like you said, lot of customers and what a long queue.

    I love the way they served the food but I would said no the herbal soup cause I feel disgusting eating pigs intestine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been Fong Lye. Kinda like the food there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Xian Ding Wei.. that place receive bad comments from my friends.. hmm ..
    Read! How to turn off annoying Word Verification

    ReplyDelete
  14. i must check out kamdar for fabrics. am thinking of a new set of curtains for the guest room.

    ReplyDelete