Saturday, February 11, 2012

To Give or Not To Give.....

After d Tin Kung prayers, my parent went back to IPOH by the ERL train ..
I fetched them to d KL Sentral to board the train....

Coz they are senior citizen and they got some special promotion price on the fare....
RM20/person for a single journey which takes about 2 hours... good deal huh..

Staff are very friendly n helpful...

Comfortable seats to wait for your turn.. (there r using ticket so no need to queue up)..
                                             
After my parents board the ERL, I went home using LRT....
On my way to LRT station.. I saw something that caught my eyes...
D government is having some campaign on "Membanteras Pengemisan"

Some Negative outcomes on your generous donation .....

I am quite agree on this campaign.... but not 100%...

Sometimes I do c a lot of elder person begging for money @ d side walk, temple & etc .. 
They are very healthy person.....
Why can't they find a decent job rather than waiting for our generous donation....

I was back in Ipoh during d CNY, and I was eating @ one of the noodles shop near my house, I saw an old man playing some CNY songs using his Er-Hu ...
Furthermore he is not only doing street performance .. but also sell tissue paper to d patrons..
He came over and offer to sell tissue paper to me..
Hmm why not ... at least he is making an effort to earn some decent money... 
I asked him how much .. n he replied .. it depend on your generosity...
Hmm since it is CNY.. I gave him RM10 .. and he was so happy..
Then he played "Choy Sun To (Arrive of God of fortune)" by using his Er-Hu......
hmm I guess that I am  "Choy Sun" to him huh......

I had been hearing that is very difficult to find workers to work in d manufacturing factory..
D solution is to have foreign workers........
Local Malaysian does not want to work in manufacturing industry .. they prefer to have comfortable work, a/cond environment n of course high salary........
My main point is that there are lots of work in the market ..... 
and why do they need to go for the option for being beggars?

Anyway.. I do give donations to the poor .. but to those who are really need it...
(then d questions is .. how do you know that person really need it .. LOL)





20 comments:

  1. You never know, the beggar might be a millionaire. hehehe. I guess you can never really tell who needs the money. For me, I just trust my gut instinct =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True..... Mayb they r billionaire......
      Well I gues tat at least we help n if is true then at least d money could help them....

      Delete
  2. It's such a hard situation. Give them fish, or teach them how to fish? Big charity organizations suck up so much money just in admin that very little of your donations get to the people. So I'd much rather give direct - but in the form of food, clothes, education...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also prefer to give direct instead of go through some 3rd party...
      Eg they say tat they had successful collected XXX millions.. But how much tat really given to those ppl..
      Tat is a big questions....

      Delete
  3. i remember back when i was younger, i'd often have to head to puduraya to take buses to malacca & to penang. and there were many more people begging there then, i guess. i think the ones that made me feel the saddest were the mothers with their babies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have d same experience.. Mayb we do bump to each other b4....
      But d direction is difference... I go back Ipoh...
      I do contribute to them rm1 or 2......

      Delete
  4. Agree with your statement, I will only give to those who are worth for it. :)

    mt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets help to those in need...
      Actually tat is one of my resolution for this year....

      Delete
  5. I organized charity events before and even till now....I always helped those registered orphanage and old folks home which is run legally by recognized organization. At least more or less I more confident the money went to the right place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo... Possible to share ur experience...
      I would want to help them as well but not sure how....

      Delete
  6. I think the same as u hence I don't really answer to those beggar's request for donation except one time.... I was taking away a pack of economy rice and a father + son couple came to me for donation, and I just don't bother initially until having few unsuccessful attempt the father came back to me (as I was still undecisive of the selection) and tell me he wanted the donation to buy a pack of rice for the hungry son, then I turn my head to look at the son (in his 16-17 young chap with an obvious down syndrome look), to my shock he can't control his bladder n piss in his pants. By this time the shop owner give me back my change of rm5, n the father was looking at me, then suddenly I give back rm5 to the boss n tell him to let this uncle choose his own combo with the rm5 that I've paid for. Thinking I should hv give the boss more than 5 so that both the father n son can hv a happy meal together? But then, I only hv rm5 with me that time coz I dun normally bring my wallet out......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least u had done ur best....
      If can help them.. Y not...
      So next time remember to bring wallet with extra cash...
      At least police will not tangkap u for not bring ic out.....lol

      Delete
  7. you're right there.. what saddens me is sometimes these kids that beg on the streets are actually forced by some syndicate ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aihhhh those sick ppl will do anything just to get more money......
      Those ppl r really rubbish......

      Delete
  8. Never give! There are syndicates using the disabled to beg in the streets. Wanna give, give through the proper channels. Long ago, I heard this story about a couple in West Malaysia who lost their son...and years later, they saw him again, legs chopped off and begging in the streets of Bangkok. But streetside buskers/musicians are actually people trying to earn money like everybody else and they are not simply begging for free handouts - no harm in giving or buying what they are trying to sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that story too when I m younger...
      My mum told us tat don't run here n there if not then bad ppl will catch u n cut ur legs n hands to become beggars...
      So I m a good boy until now... Ahem ahem ahem.....

      Delete
    2. Yes... don't give to any beggers on the street regardless wheather they are young OR old OR mother with baby/ies.

      Why??? you may aske... b'cos the old victims are being used by beggar syndicates to earn money from begging on the street. Don't believe?? Just try to observe daily at shopping malls or markets if you have the time. They will be dropped off in the morning & be picked up later by van. And all their hard-begged money under the hot sun will be taken away by the beggar syndicates.

      Recently an old lady from KL was abducted by a few men in a car when she went out for a walk near her house on 31 Dec 2011 without carrying any money or IC. Usually she will be home within 45mins &that night she didn't come home. The family went around looking for her for days and also sought assistance from the police to locate her.

      Until one day early January 2012, the son saw a photo of his mother in a Chinese Daily begging & collecting recycle goods in Sg Wang. He contacted the Daily & also went to Sg Wang everyday to look for her but... went home feeling sad & worry abt his mother disapperance. However, a few days later police found her at Ampang Point with RM98 in her pocket from begging. She's lucky to be safely recovered and reunited with her family. What about those old folks that are still missing??

      Well... according to the victim, they are forced to beg on the streets under close monitoring of their abductors. At the end of the day, the abductors would collect money fr them & would locked them inside a room.

      Please be vigilant and cautious at all times. Prioritise the safety and security of your family especially the children & old folks from all the lawless elements.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous - thank you so much for you input..
      I am sure my readers out there will learn from your comments..
      Appreciate that a lot....

      Delete
  9. Sometimes I too go through the dilemma of whether to give or not too. Its just following your instincts that decides on what to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aihhh ... we r human n have feelings towards d poor n unfortunate..
      those selfish ppl use this point to take our advantage...

      Delete