Saturday, March 3, 2012

Petite is cute .....

I was @ 1 U d other day ......
Walk passed Petite Millie.....

Tot of trying it out ... since there is a lot of good review on it....

We took some time to go through the menu......
There are no pictures in the menu ..
I can't remember what foods were reviewed ....

Then we call the waiter and we ask him about the food...
I hardly could understand his English... I couldn't tell his origin by hearing his accent...

We ordered :-
1) Spring Chicken......


Looks like big portion huh.. but actually the hot plate was rather small...
I am sharing with my wife .. when i cut the chicken some of the mushroom fall on the table...
Well .. taste is OK n has those a strong "Chicken" smell which I don't really like..
I could say that is just an ordinary chicken chop .. not something to yell about..
2) Chicken Poutine ..

Fries with gravy....
They put smoke chicken cube meat.. kinda salty if u just eat the chicken by itself..
If u eat with fries then is OK...
Something Canadian ..
 I remember I tried this type of food inToronto but kinda forget the taste...
Actually we wanted to have the dessert .. but looking at the dessert counter..
it seems not so much appealing .....

Actually I wonder the what is the meaning behind Petite Millie... is it the name of the person or is it call "Small" ?

I don't like their chair  .. kinda petite (yup i have a big ass... LOL) .....

We pay for the bill n hop to Auntie Anne .. get some pretzel for our dessert....
We got the chocolate stick n the cinnaomon pretzel
It is good .. (coz it just freshly out from oven)...

After few days.... my MIL comes out on her own petite spring chicken...

This time ...
Braise Spring chicken drumstick,  Orang Asli Chicken Egg ; some herbal soup.....

D golden egg...

2 fingers can pick up the drumstick....

Herbal soup of the day.... no MSG n Salt...
perfectly healthy soup..

22 comments:

  1. The home cooked chicken looks simply delicious. Not only healthy, its cheaper to cook at home rather then eating out and not knowing whats in store for us.

    From your sharing on petite, sounds like not a worth trying place with having language problem on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the look of your MIL's spring chicken, especially with the egg. but i haven't tried petite millie's chicken yet, so i also cannot compare! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Annie's Pretzels always smell so good - they are hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your MIL spring chicken looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. can see that the portion is kinda small. enough for how many people?

    Latest: Pick The Best from The Rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the auntie ann's so much.. sometimes homemade food is more delicious and healthy.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. That spring chicken is surely topped with a lot of onions :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Din't notice the Petite Millie at 1U the other day, else would give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like strong chicken or pork taste either... it quite a big turn off for me. =p

    ReplyDelete
  10. So the petite restaurant is really meant for petite people huh? Hahhaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ermmmm tats why I m trying to figure out why they name it tat way.....

      Delete
  11. What? KL also they can't speak English properly. I thought only here... Tsk! Tsk! Ya...nothing like homecooked food. Your MIL's looks good...and I love egg!!! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they r foreigner if I m not mistaken...
      Now a lot of restaurant getting foreign workers.....

      Delete
  12. waow, ur MIL so sayang you, give you the whole drumstick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course ... I marry her one n only daughter....
      So she also sayang me like her daughter le....lol

      Delete
  13. I might need to eat two main courses at Petite Millie. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Petite is cute? Well, you're even cuter when you made remarks about yourself about the petite chair, lol!!

    I think menu with pictures will contributes to easier decision making, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely ....I was keep on peeping at others orders....
      N asking d waiter wat is that this n so on.....
      Big ass is ugly right.....

      Delete
  15. The spring chicken look big, does it enough to be shared by 2 person?

    ReplyDelete