Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cookies Warehouse Sales !!

I was at Alor Gajah yesterday for customer visit.
After that I brought my customer for lunch and one of them inform us that there is warehouse sales for Julies biscuit & cookies...... It is on every Friday and opens to everyone.
Hmm that is interesting and I know that there is a Julie factory at Alor Gajah.
So we went over there to check it out.

I asked why the Julie is having warehoue sales?
Is it due to the biscuit is going to expired soon, manufacuring default, over stock and so on?
I was so eager to find out the answer .........

When we arrive there, we say some poster saying .. Promosi Hebat.....
The cookies are cheap.. Average is about RM1~RM3 for those small boxes....
There is a lot of ppl buying the cookies and biscuits ...
Some even use carton box to put in the biscuit n cookies......
So u can imagine the qty that there are buying...

The first thing that I look at the cookies is the expired date..
July 2011...
Packaging ? OK .. brand new .. no manufacturing default...
Then I saw some staff is going inside the warehouse and get few new carton boxes to replenish the finishing stock.

Hmmm then other ideas come in my mind....
I am thinking that the maker is selling the biscuit at the retailer price..
Eg.
The retail price is RM 3 and we hypermarkets are selling RM 4...
The maker is selling the same price to the hypermarkets and to "us"..
So no loss for them..
In fact they have a few benefits:-
1) Payment is CASH term.. so no HUTANG 2 mths delay payment from hypermarkets
2) Save in transportation ... no need to deliver to hypermarkets

Too bad the population in ALor Gajah is not that big..
So not so many ppl come over and buy.
Furthermore .. not many ppl know about this warehouse sales...

I also join the crowd ..and bought 8 boxes ... and it only cost me RM16...
Good deal !!!

My wife is so happy to pose for me


As the slogan says ... Sekali cuba, Pasti mahu Lagi ....
Hahaha .....

Mum was asking me .. for CNY?
Hmmm .. it is good idea though .. giving ppl Julie biscuit & cookies....
Then I can save some hamper fees.....

No comments:

Post a Comment